If you live in an area with hard water, you know how frustrating it can be. The minerals in hard water can leave behind yellow stains on your laundry, leave spots on the surface of your tub or sink, and can even clog up the pipes in your home. That’s why many homeowners set up a water softening system to protect their appliances and fixtures from these problems. A water softener removes excess ions like calcium and magnesium from the water. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the most common questions about water softeners.
10 Best Water Softener Systems
- Whirlpool WHES30E is ideal for households of 1-4 plus people and removes up to 8ppm of clear water (ferrous) iron
- NSF certified to reduce hard water symptoms such as embarrassing stains, build-up on your plumbing and faucets as well as spotting on dishes
- Whirlpool water softeners automatically calculate how much salt and water is required to regenerate and only use what is necessary, resulting in a significant salt and water savings
- 💧【 PERFECTLY DESIGNED FOR 3-4 BATHROOMS 】The Aquasure Harmony Series is the professional grade water softener that delivers ultra-softened water to every outlet throughout your entire home.
- 💧【 PROTECTS YOUR APPLIANCES 】Reduces water hardness and eliminates scale buildup while preventing damage to your plumbing and prolonging the lifespan of household appliances such as washing machine, dishwasher, water heater, etc.
- 💧【 CLEANER HOME WATER 】Rated to treat 48,000 grains of hardness by removing skin damaging hard minerals like calcium and magnesium that clog up the skin pore and causes irritation.
- 5 STAGE ULTIMATE PROTECTION: Specifically designed to provide unmatched filtration performance for well water. This whole house filtration package will provide safe water for your entire home and remove many contaminants found in well water as well as hardness.
- UNMATCHED PERFORMANCE: From small to medium size households on well water. The specially engineered filters are designed to work together in series in order to produce the best healthy, safe, soft, odor-free water.
- PRO-GRADE MATERIALS: Designed for commercial demand but made for your home - With commercial grade parts, the PRO+AQUA systems will outlast any other leading system on the market, your systems will last for many years.
- HOW IT WORKS BETTER: Yarna CWD24 is a Patented Water Descaler System designed to treat water for the whole house! Our descaling system treats water with electric pulses generated within the electronic unit and controlled by a micro-chip. These pulses are transmitted via our Ultra Flat Impulse Bands that are wrapped around the pipe and change the crystals in the water as it flows by, allowing for the breakdown of crystals that would otherwise buildup into limescale, which can break appliances.
- WHO BENEFITS FROM YARNA: We serve homeowners and small businesses by reducing the negative effects of hard water and protecting appliances. Our customers report cleaner pipes and faucets, lower costs for descaling and heating, and better overall water quality. Depending on the current condition of your plumbing and how large existing limescale deposits are, it may take up to three months to observe a significant improvement.
- EASY, CLEAN INSTALLATION: All you need is access to a minimum of 10" of free pipe space with a maximum pipe diameter of 1". Yarna water descaling system is completely DIY with no need for any tools or specialized help. Installation is simple, takes only 15 minutes and is 100% maintenance free. Our whole house water descaler works with any type of piping up to 1" thick including iron, copper, stainless steel, plastic, PVC, PE-x, and compound pipes.
- [Improve Water Quality] Solves hard water problems without the need for chemicals, salt, or maintenance, while keeping healthy minerals in the water by preventing scale deposits from forming and allowing existing scale to break down.
- [Reliable Descaler] Descales your entire water system and prevents scale buildup in pipes. Reduces energy consumption with an average one year payback period. Great for your home and the environment, individuals on salt-restricted diets, and those looking for healthier skin and hair.
- [Environmental Friendly] Designed for very hard water areas (10-19 grains per gallon). Saves energy and extends the life of your appliances.
- The Manor Water Softener System is designed for homes that are larger than 1,500 sq. ft. and experience hard water on surfaces, in water-based appliances, or in pipes.
- Prevents hard water scale buildup. Removes existing hard water scale. Compact design - fits almost anywhere. Simple cartridge replacement. Cartridge last up to 6 months.
- Developed from 30+ years of commercial experience. Extends the life of your water heater, plumbing fixtures, and appliances. Eco-friendly - no salt, no phosphates, no wastewater, no electricity.
- No salt alternative to a water softener. Emulates softened water without changing your water hardness. Retains healthy minerals in your water supply.
- Made in BRITAIN. 12 month 100% "no quibble" Money-Back Guarantee + Lifetime Repair or Replace warranty.
- Easy customer installation on metal or plastic pipes. Helps prevent build-up of lime scale and dissolve existing deposits.
- Electronic controls - Easy to use up-front electronic controls with status light indicator
- Grain capacity - 30,400
- GE exclusive days to empty - Makes sure you never have to guess when to refill the salt tank
- Salt-Free Scale Prevention - The AO-WH-DSCLR naturally reduces scale build up in pipes and plumbing using a salt & chemical-free system. No cleaning, backwashing, salt-bags or electricity required.
- Works For All Your Water Needs - System works effectively on water for use in drinking, cooking, showering & bathing. Perfect for households of 4 or more people. System will not reduce TDS, sulfur, or iron.
- Well Or City Water - Our Whole House Descaler is engineered to work with both well & city water systems.
- For Cleaner Home Water: Reduce damaging hardness mineral levels up to 90 grains per gallon (GPG) and clear water iron up to 8 parts per million (PPM) in your home’s water with the 32,000 grain Kenmore water softener.
- IntelliSoft Technology: Built with intuitive technology that adjusts to your water needs, saving you money in salt, water and energy bills. Plus, you’ll never run out of soft water.
- Space Saving Design: This compact whole house water softening system can be easily installed in tight spaces. An ideal, convenient fit for your incoming water line.
What Is A Water Softener?
A water softener is a machine that uses salt to remove ions from water. The machine works by adding salt to water that flows through it. The salt breaks up the bonds between the minerals in the water, allowing the minerals to be flushed away. The water that flows out of the softener is noticeably softer. The process of adding salt to water is called ion exchange. Water softeners work by introducing ions like calcium and magnesium into the salt water solution. These ions then bond with the ions in the water, which allows the water softener to flush them away.
How Do Water Softeners Work?
A water softener works by adding salt to water that flows through it. The salt then breaks up the bonds between the minerals in the water, allowing the minerals to be flushed away. The water that flows out of a water softener is noticeably softer. A water softener works by adding salt to water that flows through it. The salt breaks up the bonds between the minerals in the water, allowing the minerals to be flushed away. The water that flows out of a water softener is noticeably softer. The process of adding salt to water is called ion exchange. Water softeners work by introducing ions like calcium and magnesium into the salt water solution. These ions then bond with the ions in the water, which allows the water softener to flush them away.
Types of Water Softeners
There are two types of water softeners. Regenerative water softeners use electricity to remove minerals from water. Autonomous water softeners, on the other hand, don’t require electricity. Each type of water softener has its own advantages and disadvantages. Regenerative water softeners use electricity to remove minerals from water. They’re typically the most expensive water softeners on the market. However, they also have a very high lifespan. Regenerative water softeners have a very high capacity and can produce soft water for a single family home for 10 to 15 years. Autonomous water softeners don’t require electricity to run. However, they don’t have the same capacity as regenerative water softeners. The lifespan of autonomous water softeners varies depending on the model.
Benefits of Installing a Water Softener
If you’re not using a water softener, the minerals in hard water can build up in your appliances and fixtures over time. Hard water can cause build up in dishwashers, washing machines, and water heaters. Over time, this build up can cause appliances to break down. A water softener can protect your appliances and fixtures by removing excess minerals from the water. Water softeners can also leave your laundry cleaner and smelling better. The minerals in hard water can leave behind yellow stains on your laundry. They can also leave spots on the surface of your tub and sink.
How to Choose a Water Softener for Your home
When you’re shopping for a water softener, you’ll need to think about the space in your home where you’re going to install the machine, the hardness of your water, and the capacity of the machine. The size of the water softener you choose will depend on the size of your home. If you have a large home, you may need to choose a large capacity water softener. The hardness of your water will determine what kind of water softener you need. If you have hard water, you may want to consider a water softener with a high capacity.
Choosing the right water softener is important because it can protect your home’s plumbing and fixtures. There are two types of water softeners: regenerative and autonomous. Regenerative water softeners are more expensive, but they have a higher capacity and lifespan. Autonomous water softeners don’t require electricity, but they don’t have the same capacity as regenerative water softeners. When you shop for a water softener, you’ll need to think about the hardness of your water and the capacity of the machine.